View Single Post
Old 06-03-12, 05:53 PM   #108
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
iPad. How is that significantly different from a laptop? Other than all the touching and smearing the screen?
It's the simplicity of it, and the ease of use, that got me. I was a long time skeptic when it came to tablets but I got an Ipad at Christmas and fell in love with it. I use it for everything I can now. Take it with me when I go away, use it for reading PDF's, use it for surfing the net, watching TV, listening to music, all the stuff I use my laptop for except it's so much more convenient. recently, I've started using it as a 'Sketchpad' for music production with a couple of apps. One of them allows me to export whatever music I've been messing around with as a WAV via Itunes and I can drop it straight into whatever DJ set I'm currently messing around with or planning.

I think tablets will probably kill laptop sales over the next five years or so. I love my laptop, but with the exception of word processing I can't really think of a single thing I do with it that I couldn't now do on my tablet. Well, games, I guess, but it's only a matter of time before they become powerful enough to run a good portion of the titles on the market.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote