Thread: [WIP] No airplanes in KSDII?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-22, 03:36 PM   #5
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

I was concerned about lack of aircraft in Dark Waters current career, as saw zero on first patrol September-October 39 and in a test career I had spotted one sunderland who was unarmed and ignored me lol. First part of this patrol no contacs were spotted even after attacking close to England (may need to adjust the response in the airstrike file) but now have encountered three.

One of which surprised me just after sundown Dec 24 1939 , close depth charge/bomb while I was on surface (fog hid him apparently, he was maybe 500 meters astern when spotted, flying low) when bombs landed off starboard bow, maybe 10-12 meters distance. . I had hit Alarm and was on the way down when noticed had serious flooding in bow torpedo compartment. I miss the pacific and SD radar sometimes lol.

I tried to level off but could not in time, slammed into the sea floor at 120 meters. Dive planes transmission disabled plus flooding is bad combo. After a few minutes was able to blow ballast and surface.

Anyways, on my end in DW thinking it was just being early in the war.

On your end in KSD, like prop said it may be luck avoided planes, if continues the airstrike.cfg may need adjusting along with air base placement.

I've heard the theory about TC above x256 preventing air contacts but not sure I buy into that yet, as never had issue in other mods and two of three air contacts this patrol...was at TC 1026, other that got me, I was in real time, which was interesting.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote