Old 06-10-22, 08:48 AM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Still trying to figure this out (with my limited understanding of the insides of the game files): Could it have something to do with the fact, that I'm assigned to the 12th Flotilla in 10.1942, but in the Campaign file the Patrol Objectives don't start until 1943, and therefore, no airplanes are scripted into the game yet?
Some... mod sets, have issues where it pertains to aircraft & not showing up... most notably when high compression aka high TC use is done.

Did you by chance... rely on going past... oh, say... x256 on the TC, by chance... cause if so, then it is likely this is where your issue with not seeing any aircraft, comes into play.

Use of TC higher than that, starting from x512 & up... does have... consequences.

x512, no aircraft sighted... & I believe... anything past 1024, has the propensity... to bork the day/night cycle, as well as... the weather cycle.

Now, if not mistaken... it is possible I believe, to circumvent the borking of the day/night-weather cycle/s... by going into your graphics control panel... & in it, setting the frame rate refresh rate &... locking it in, to either 30 on the low side, to no higher than... 60 fps.

On the TC side of it... it is possible (best done BEFORE running the sim, after its been modded out... of course. ) to edit the main.cfg (found here: drive name\folder (whatever you named it to install said game/sim)\game\sim (in this instance 'SH-4' KSD II: Ace)\Data\Cfg\ Once in the Cfg folder, is but a matter to scroll down through the files until you locate... main.cfg

Then, is but a simple matter to open this file up in notepad &... well... edit the [TIME COMPRESSION] values.

Used as an example, My own edited [TIME COMPRESSION] values:

TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=128
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=128
CharacterAnim=64
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=64