View Single Post
Old 03-05-20, 09:36 PM   #760
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
I have to agree with Neal. There's a good chance the more virulent and deadly Type L strain is reinfecting people, and it is killing younger people, too. I know of at least 3 female Chinese medical workers in their 20s from Wuhan that died from the virus, and I'm sure there are many more we don't know about. I also read that Wuhan hospitals reported relapse / reinfection rates of over 18%. And again, it's much deadlier the second time around if reinfected, increasing the risk of heart failure and other complications.

Regarding Italy, it appears that they are being hit by the deadlier and more virulent L strain. Same with Iran. Furthermore, I read a few days ago that hospitals in northern Italy were already overloaded and at their breaking point. Besides possible reinfections / relapses, this might also account for the higher death rate of 3.5% there. Many patients simply are not getting proper treatment, so expect the death rate to increase later as more become infected.

Again, I think the more reasonable explanation concerning the death of those noble young medical staff is simply that they were human. They were being overworked, poor nutrition, lack of sleep, emotionally drained and physically exhausted, they literally gave their all to help others, dont ever forget them. Any or all of those conditions are well known to be contributing factors which can devastate a persons immune response to viral infection.

Please understand I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the situation we find ourselves in. Just trying to give reason a chance, instead of what I perceive as the constant looking for of the newest, biggest, meanest, deadliest. unrestrained mutated boogeyman at every turn.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-05-20 at 10:03 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote