View Single Post
Old 01-01-22, 08:55 PM   #4154
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Kapitan Gavin View Post
I have Silent Hunter 4 on Steam, but your mod says, as far as I understand, that it does not work with the Steam version of the game. Is there a version that does? Or a way to get this version to work with it?
Steam does fine, other than you cannot be in a Program Files folder with the game install, which if you use the Steam default, the Library folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific." Windows will "protect" that folder from changes from programs like JSGME and others. You need to move the game if that's where it is. The best article for that info is from Steam's Knowledgebase article "Moving a Steam Installation and Games, of which both methods can be tedious. If you have a 2nd hard drive available, you can create another Library folder on it, and install SH4 there. Member kakpro090 has found a way online to fool the Steam app into creating a 2nd Library folder on the C drive, but I've not tried it myself yet. Preparing SH4 for modifications - ymmv. After getting out of the Program Files folders, you can follow the other recommendations. There is also a lot of information in the Support folder of the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Are you suppose to be able to enter the forward torpedo room in all the classes or just the Sboat?
Just the S-Boats at this time.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote