View Single Post
Old 03-05-13, 05:54 PM   #114
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungho View Post
Out of curiosity, with DynEn enabled, I was getting that glare issue people discussed earlier, but I also had totally dark nights (without the 'darker nights' plugin enabled).

The nights were so dark that it was pitch black and unplayable...I thought it might simply have been a one-off, but I checked it for a month of game-time, and it was continual.

Any suggestions or fixes to correct both issues?
Adjusting DynEnv's brightness output is feasible, but before doing it I wish to know how many people got the same problem as you and Trevally (who, on turn, didn't report any issue with too dark nights ).

Unfortunately, game brigthness/contrast can be affected by a lot of parameters, including gfx card installed, screen setting, screen type, game gfx settings and even ambient luminosity of the room where you are playing the game. Making everyone happy is almost impossible.
Have you at least tried adjusting the brightness/contrast of your screen, and game's gamma settings?

On a side note, v 2.1 featured a submod called brighter nights. It has not been included in the last version of DynEnv, because it would conflict with some new sky settings, but it can be made compatible with them. If there is enough interest, I can merge its settings into the new cfg files, or I can give you instructions on how to do it
gap is offline   Reply With Quote