View Single Post
Old 12-15-19, 05:10 PM   #224
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
On what kind of screen were you offered the upgrade to the 4" gun? Just the regular Captain's Office between patrols, or did you get a separate screen stating that you qualified for a new gun? ... The question is still there though, as to which gun is which? When you go to the equipment screen and click on the guns, is the rear gun still a 3", and the fore gun is your upgraded 4" gun? Also, we might have you back-up your Save folder and have you do the old "fix" for the crewless gun, and see if you can get a crew on it... if you want to try that. ??
Propbeanie,

Offered upgrade to the 4" gun in the Capt Office between patrols. The diagram in the equipment screen shows the forward gun and no aft gun. As stated, I have two visible 50 cal guns on all exterior views, the aft can be assigned a crew and works great while the forward gun has no crew spaces and is not available to use. This has no affect on game play other than having an extra, unusable visible gun.

On a previous topic, I just had another CTD fighting off a pair of Zekes north of Bogainville. Both machine guns worked great. However, flying just above the water on the second pass,the Zekes must have released torpedoes because I heard no explosions or gunfire. But, I didn't see any torpedoes or cylinders drop either. The CTD came, as before, as they flew away, which might have been appropriate timing for a torpedo to have hit. My theory is still a CTD occurs when a torpedo hits the sub in lieu of the infamous death screen. I've seen Mark 10 torpedo hits cause CTDs on a surface vessel in an older Webster's mod that I previously played.

I have a save right before the gun battle began so I can now easily replay it over and over for clues. Any suggestions on what I should look for to help determine cause of CTDS?
Thanks.