Thread: Scapa Flow
View Single Post
Old 11-10-23, 06:27 AM   #4
hans jenisch
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Hi.
I have been trying to do Scapa Flow , i did several saves along the way , just as well , as its proving to be impossible ,yesterday evening was the first time i saw the battle ship as the green goto keeps changing possition , anyhow i set my torps , she was 5 degs to stbd , fired all four torps , and settled back on sea bed , looked on map and to my horror all four torps where hdg 180 deg from where they should have been going , then i was hunted by no fewer than 27 warships , talk about odds stacked against you .
Trying again , if i fail this time , i might do a free roam Scapa Flow , just to see what happens .
I was reading the Gunther Prein account of Scapa Flow , he had a few close calls , but not by enemy ships while in Scapa Flow , except for ships that had been deliberatly sunk as anti sub defencies in the channel he used to get into Scapa Flow , the British did not realise the battle ship had been torpedoed , they thought it had been an accidental explosion at first.
UBOATS Scapa Flow is incorrect , where the east approach is should have more islands and narrow inlets
regards Alan Cottrill AKA (Hans Jenisch)

Last edited by hans jenisch; 11-10-23 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
hans jenisch is offline   Reply With Quote