View Single Post
Old 11-15-23, 09:10 AM   #9
EAST
Sparky

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
date UPDATE 11-15-2023

Been working exclusively on the login process and security setup. Been educational to say the least. This is the first time having to hand roll a secure auth system. 2 small server apps and 1 large one running on Linux to handle a server side authoritative setup.

I love the engine choice (more on that later) with the one exception that it has no native ability to connect to a database. Had to build a hybrid system combining the game engine and native code on the server. Got that working this morning. Now data encryption, checksummed connection privileges, single use ticketing and SSL all in place. Authenticated Login works, returning sample data and state information for an admin interface from the various servers works.

Next up is the Registration path. Need to setup email confirmations and 2 stage signups (and signins) - figuring out how to send SMS from the server and allow the registrant to get the pin by email or sms.

Once registration is done I'll start populating the guest lobby and then the player lobby data.
Even if this idea is past it's prime, the tools are going to come in handy for use in real life work.