View Single Post
Old 05-16-07, 08:58 PM   #19
ASWnut101
Admiral

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Oh, boy. Better than ever. Ok, no luck with the old IBM. So, today as I was driving to the Bar-B-Que joint for lunch, I saw a little electronic repair shop, hiding between a hair salon and a pet food store...

... I felt a pull in the Force... and I veered into the parking lot. I went in and this place was piled high with TVs. There was just this narrow little path to the counter. In the back was this fellow and he came to the front when he saw me. I asked him if he had any old computers, by chance. He said, no, not really. I said I was looking for an older computer. He said, well, he had one in the back, but it was really old.

He brought out a Compaq 4504. I asked if it worked and he said it did, so I told him to get a monitor and power cord and let's have a look. As we were plugging it in he said he was pretty sure it was at least a Pentium 200 mhz with Win 98. Now that it appeared I might buy an old junker, he was still trying to keep me interested.

I said, "Windows 98? Awe, I was hoping for one with Windows 95."

He arched an eyebrow and couldn't resist. "Why do you want such an old computer?"

I leaned forward, locked eyes, and after a pause told him, "Research. Let's leave it at that."

The PC powered up, and by golly, it was Win95! Pentium 200. I checked the sound card, ES1887, no Soundblaster Live

Memory? A whopping 16MB, yes, that's MEGAbytes. Kneel before me

Aww, yeh-ah. Threw $40 at the man and sped home. Hooked it up, loaded Command Aces of the Deep, and we're in business.

So, next up, Wolfpack!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Ha! You cheated though! You still should build up your other computer, link the two CPU's together, and power galore! (or maby fried hunks of silicon galore!). I had my insparation in you, and you gave up! (I am planning on building my own computer for the first time, once I make my move to Atlanta)

ASWnut101 is offline   Reply With Quote