View Single Post
Old 03-25-10, 01:24 AM   #38
Cdr84
Seaman

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
Do you remember if you installed the mod before or after starting your career? If the later, do you remember if you installed it while you were on patrol on in the pen?

I know the game caches some of the upc files that contain the upgrades in your saved games folder. I suspect those files might be getting out of sync and causing the problem you're seeing, depending on when you install the mod.

Unfortunately I'm not far enough in the campaign to test the upgrades. If you or someone else wants to check, try installing the mod in the three scenarios mentioned above and see what happens.

At this point I would recommend installing it only before starting a new career just to be safe, until I can figure this out.
Just came across this problem. I didn't know what mod was causing it and the last thing I thought would cause it was this emblems mod.

I discovered the problem when I was in the pen and had just gotten the ability to upgrade to the wintergarden type conning tower. I could select the upgrade, but the tab for the wintergarden AA gun was missing on the left side of the menu box.

I then went thru all my JSGME mods, disabling and restarting until I found out which one was causing it.

It does not matter when (in what order) Fistful of Emblems is enabled. It does not over write nor do any of these mods over write it, also the problem goes away when it is disabled;

I compared the Equipment.upc and UpgradePacks.upc to stock with WinMerge and cannot see any obvious problems.

Cdr

Edit; I also tried enabling it after I disabled to get acess to the wintergarden AA gun option then saved out on patrol. When I restarted the game and loaded that save the gun remains in place. Apparently the only thing being affected is the menu option in upgrade screen while in the sub pen.

This gives rise to a workaround; Return to your pen after the patol, save and exit the game. Disable Fistful mod and restart the game. Select your wintergarden AA gun and whatever else you want. Save and exit again. Enable Fistful and restart the game. Choose your emblem and be on your way.

Clumsy... yes, but it works.

Last edited by Cdr84; 03-25-10 at 02:06 AM.
Cdr84 is offline   Reply With Quote