View Single Post
Old 10-26-15, 01:11 AM   #2907
YoYo
Ensign

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by svedan View Post
Yes, both the crew and uboat have retained their upgrades/experience from previus chapter, so that is working correctly for me.

I suspect you might be doing it the wrong way around.
The easiest way would probably be to only replace the campaign.cfg file with the next campaign file. Then all your old experience files remain the same as before

To clarify here is what I did

1. Start a new campaign, use silentotto and select the chapter you want to start (in my case Happy Times)

2. Save the game once loaded the game and you are in the bunker. it will generate a new campaign.cfg file for the chapter you selected. This file contains data about all missions. We need this file.

3. Locate the Campaign.cfg file from the save you just made.
C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\XXXXXXX\ Campaign-2015-XX-XX_XXXX
You can sort by "date created" in file explorer to easier find the last game save folder.

4. Now you need to copy the campaing.cfg file in this folder then use it to replace the campaign.cfg from your original Silent Hunter campaign. So now you just changed chapter of your original Silent Hunter campaign
Ok, again here. Hmmm, it wasnt work for me but maybe I did something wrong. Im in the next of chapter - in Happy Times 27.02.41 and Id like to go to Mare Nostrum 15.03.41.

1/ I created a new "silentotto" file from Mare Nostrum 15.03.41 in bunker (Kiel). Saved it.

2/ Next I copied Campaign.cfg only from Mare Nostrum 15.03.41.

3/ I went to my last save of Happy Times 27.02.41 and put here Campaign.cfg from Mare Nostrum 15.03.41 ---> when I load this save file again I'm still in 27.02.41. Didn't see Mare Nostrum chapter. After 1.03.41 I see still Happy Times title in the left top corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Can you please try to copy /replace all of them?

In this new created saved file is only:

Campaign.cfg
CampaignProgress.cfg
CampaignMission.mis

(no CampaignMission.tsr)

Btw.

I noticed that some of our medals, renewal points and ratings ect. are in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\YYYY YYY : CareerTrack.upc .
Promotion Points for crew are in ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc.

So perhaps we can use and edit this file to recive missing experience for crew and upgrade points with 'silentotto' cheat only in the next chapter :] .

SH fan, btw. my U-boot Typ VII C41 Click!

Last edited by YoYo; 10-26-15 at 02:04 AM.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote