View Single Post
Old 10-07-21, 07:04 PM   #153
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revus View Post
Know what? Im sure you're right. It seems I saved just after suracing, RIGHT before finding these guys on SJ. I've had nearly all of the rest of those "save glitches" before. Especially before knowing most of the fun idiosyncrasies of SH4. Quite a few MARUs are on the bottom that got no credit. At this point, I pretty much have a checklist for saves:
-Surfaced
-Control Room
-Moving
-No contacts near (as best as possible)

I was able to scan manually with the mouse wheel however. Its still tough though. not able to visualize where Im searching with a dial, but it works.

This was actually on my way to a photography mission in the Yellow Sea that Im most likely going to not accomplish. Ill probably get back into the patrol tonight and chase them down. Seems like they went back to 030, but I have a feeling the DE is going to be trailing back to prevent that.

I put this particular attack on the main SH4 page for a detailed readout.

Ah, most likely the issue but to be sure, I will investigate upon return to port.

Yellow Sea, man that is a long haul from Brisbane lol. One of those silly issues, where game does not update orders when transfer. I am going to post instructions on how to easily edit orders here soon, for future reference.

I would just sink ships in boundaries of Brisbane's sphere of operations and not worry about the photo mission to Yellow Sea. Not sure where it is in Yellow Sea, but good as pretty much did every port to stop such crazy missions, chance you will get there and fine a subnet and most likely a surfaced and submerged minefield preventing your from achieving the recon(those orders are often pure hollywood lol, like the Tokyo Bay ones lmao) or killing you. Sinking ships makes up for not achieving the orders, won't affect your standing. Not worth it in my mind, but up to you.

I plan to change up the recon missions in future versions, will conduct recon missions subs actually did, such as recon of landing beaches before invasion.

Since you are commanding Silversides, check this out

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=250572

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 10-08-21 at 06:34 AM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote