View Single Post
Old 08-23-14, 02:35 PM   #69
Joefour
Engineer

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhornchen View Post
I got fed up standing around waiting for fsx to load up, plus it never ran well (does it for anyone) so I recently uninstalled it. fs9 is still my favourite, with photo scenery.

I really wanted to set up this development of cfs3 called "Wings: Over Flanders Fields" which apparently has transformed the basic simulator in every way, whilst turning it into the best WW1 combat sim (I was so angry to find that "Rise of Flight" is online only). Have you heard about this sim? It's download only, so far as I can tell.

I do still enjoy an occasional melee in "First Eagles" and have all the Ubisoft IL-2s plus "Wings of Prey".
I have never tried running FSX on my decrepit old machine either because I don't think it would run. I have however run CFS3, CFS2, and MS Rise of Flight on XP with no problem. There is an interesting (free) add on for CFS2 called RAAF Defence (see, I mispelled defense!) which is centered around the Aussies. Excellent add on. I think I found it and others at www.flightsim.com.
The only thing is that the P-40s in it are gutless and won't climb worth a damn. I usually cheat and use a Hellcat or Corsair (which have methanol/water injection on demand). Makes it a lot easier to keep up with those flying beer cans the Japs called Zeros.

"I love the smell of burning oil slicks in the morning. It smells like...Victory!"
Joefour is offline   Reply With Quote