View Single Post
Old 03-22-24, 05:23 AM   #12
GWB
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Fresh / clean install - same issue. See image I attach below for further details

I'm new here, so do check over my image for obvious mistake. Joining only the other day, so I could just be screwing things up. I follow the instructions, including deleting the documents / savegames folder, and on the face of it, have a somehwat fully working SH4 v1.5 + FotRSU v1.8 install. I done the 2GB memory hack thing, and installed the game outside programfiles.

My modded game works fine EXCEPT when I turn the difficulty settings up (ie manual targeting). When it comes to tracking the enemy ship, the speed does not translate onto the TDC and update, my torpedoes constantly fire at where the target was when I fire them (ie speed = 0). The only way round this is to guestimate where the target will be, and point the periscope in that direction.

I tried the same career on easy, and the thing just automatically lines up and hits the target with zero effort, which I find removes all challenge.

Note that when I user the sonar/hydro operator, he will give me accurate target range also, but it does also not track/update with the speed, so either way of doing this doesn't work for me.

Otherwise everything (in so far as I can tell) appears to work. The radar seems a little bit dodgy, but I've found just turn it off and on again, then force a sweep fixes the issue.

Any help regarding the TDC really appreciated (I am new to this game, only bought it last week and installed FotRSU based on friendly community advice)

GWB is offline   Reply With Quote