View Single Post
Old 03-19-14, 03:17 PM   #135
magic452
Sea Lord

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0
Default Magic RR update.

Well been busy on the old railroad.

Made some progress and had some set backs.

Some overall pics.

North wall looking west.

West end of North wall. Stock yard(complete with downer cattle), lumber yard and citrus packing plant. The little hill to the left covers up 3 turnout motors for the second half of the crossover.

West wall looking South. Took out the double crossover, redid 4 times and it just didn't work. Replaced with 4 #6 turnouts. The Y turnout is a passing track and entrance to the main yard. Believe it or not I've backed 20 car trains through this Y.
Where the little farm house is, is where I put 4 of the turnout motors, pic later. I'll cover that area with citrus trees to go with the packing plant. There was one just like this just a couple of miles of where I grew up and we had citrus groves next to my house. Rebuilding my childhood.

West wall looking North. The ladder set up is now part of the main yard. Needed more yard space as I running 15 to 20 car trains.

Entrance to the yard.

The classification yard along the South wall. Have added some more sidings.

The yard looking South and some of the rolling stock.
Also the completed Southern Pacific Daylight, well almost complete, I've got one more Alco PA unit to add. Will be a PA-PB-reversed PA if I can get all that running.

This is the stub end looking South, may bring it across the bath door and put in a roundhouse and turntable????
All the locos are DCC with sound except the two little switchers.

This is the center island, the much too big building is a meat packing plant, will shuttle stock cars from the stock yard to here. Not too sure about how this will go in???

Here's how the turnout motors are placed for the yard entrance and half of the new crossover. Re moveable top cover is holding the little farm house.

I am now radio controlled. Many of the turnout controls are mounted near the turnouts, like to be more involves in operations and walk to the controls, Radio makes this workable.

A emergency repair,don't have time for shopping for non essentials.

Most of the scenery has yet to be detailed but is mostly in place. much more detailing to go. Got a big box full of stuff, buildings to build, cars and people, trees, etc.

I think I'm done laying track and just re did all the electrical mess and everything seems to run OK. I can now start "operating" the Magic Railroad.

Snoopman2 asked a while back about the cost of this. Way too much. Houses around here go for about $85.00/sq.ft. I did a cost thing on another forum and it came out to about $42.50/ sq. ft. of benchwork, or about what one might expect to spend on a decent use car. Another reason for the shoe repair.

Magic

Reported lost 11 Feb. 1942
Signature by depthtok33l
magic452 is offline   Reply With Quote