View Single Post
Old 03-15-13, 08:10 PM   #42
Runnybabbit
Seaman

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0
Default Opinion..

I have to be honest and firstly say that I prefer to play allied, and therefore, Silent Hunter 4 is the incarnation for me. With the mods available and the superb work put in by the unpaid enthusiasts that create the mods, I think that (this) game is very good indeed!

Obviously, I haven't played SHO so far, so I will reserve judgement. However, I have played World of Tanks for over a year, and though I currently have more than 9 months left of a premium subscription to that game left to run, I have (literally) walked away from playing it. Reason?! Simply that I got fed up with the lack of any real understanding of 'team play' with the exception of a minority, and also quickly became aware of the financial angle of the game developers, who (obviously) want to maximise profits.

I strongly suspect, and expect Ubisoft to go the same way with SHO, and judging them by their 'loyalty' to the Subsim community so far, I don't have very high hopes that they will deliver for us..

Just my opinion, and apologies in advance for my negativity!