View Single Post
Old 08-21-10, 04:13 PM   #67
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default yes

I have the most recent pdf downloaded.
Here is what is says re installing, followed by my questions.

We will use the Navigation Mission in Submarine School for this introductory exercise. Start it up and look at
the map, you will see:
Starting Position:
Lat (L) 5o14’N Long (λ) 162o57’E Time 11:00 (21:00GMT)
End Point (Gold Star, Nav Mission Goal)
L 6o24’N λ162o59’E
You will need to install the freeware planetarium program Stellarium. http://www.stellarium.org/
After installing start the program so it creates a config.ini file. There should be a link to this in the Stellarium
startup directory, if not you can find it under C:\Documents and Settings\***Your login name***\Stellarium.
Open this file and find the [localization] section. Change time_zone to =utc
There is a directory called Scripts under the Stellarium program directory. there should be a file called
“startup.sts”
Paste the below lines into the file:
date utc 1943/01/01T21:02:00
moveto lon 162.960510583
moveto lat 5.23516041667
script action end
This is the information the python script gathers from the SaveData.map file and puts into Stellarium. There is
no modification of the game with this technique.

I cannot find the follwing:
After installing start the program so it creates a config.ini file. There should be a link to this in the Stellarium startup directory, if not you can find it under C:\Documents and Settings\***Your login name***\Stellarium.

I have no idea where the Stellarium startup directory is located. I cannot find a file called Documents and Settings in my C drive. I had all hidden files showing when I search for it..
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote