View Single Post
Old 08-25-21, 04:16 PM   #3
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

This is a really good question.

Off the top of my head, I would generalize it as:

-Get the game to run on your platform and OS. This sounds easy but sometimes it isn't.

-Start out goofing around with different game assets (subs, ships, MPA, helos) as you learn the keyboard commands and the basics of how the game is played. You'll start to pick up the basics in terms of strategy and employment along the way. You'll also find out which assets suit your style of game play. In this phase, play around with single (training) missions or in the Quick Mission "simulator" but don't take it too seriously. Learn how to learn from your mistakes.

-Start playing single missions more seriously. Now, the details start to matter and this is where you hone your experience. If a single mission kicks your backside, figure out Why and then try it again until you get it right. At this point, you should also start learning how to use the Mission Editor.

-Once the single missions start to become "old hat", then try the game's Campaign.

-After you've smoked the campaign, then start thinking about adding one of the game mods.

I've tried to keep this as basic as possible. DW was never meant to be easy.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote