View Single Post
Old 02-28-13, 10:53 AM   #71
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Wow, that would be very cool. Like I mentioned, I still need to install the new version this afternoon (Pac'time). Maybe I should give it a few days test first and see if things change. If they don't, then I'll take you up on your offer and test the patch. Or, you might want to go ahead with the patch and I'll test it regardless. I would love to see if I could increase the amount of rain and /or even storms. I don't think it's feaseble to have 3 months at sea with no rain...lol.
I'll chime in tomorrow anyway with my comments on the upgrade as well.
Thanks Mucho
D40
I didn't change anything in v 2.9 that could even remotely affect rain probability relative to v 2.1. Nonetheless, before we embark ourselves in testing different settings (whose effect on rain chance is anyway dubious), it would be wise to keep on the current weather change intervals for a while, taking note of rainy days over a given period. This would be better done during winter months

We should stick in mind that, even in stock game, rain chances are quite low. On the other hand, messing with weather change intervals wouldn't be immune from side effects, making weather (and fog) more static.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
From the EnvSim act file .
The upcoming weather. If different from CurrentWeather, a transition between the two weather types is made��enum{ClearSky,Overcast,Rain}����ChangeToWeat her�The current weather�CurrentWeather��Wind direction and speed����Wind����Clouds altitude�Altitude����Clouds Render Controller.��

S3D Scene dat Sky/Clouds/Clouds/Clouds/Wind
Should the clouds transition be used from clear sky to rain , not from overcast to overcast . I dunno . Does SH5 even use half the stuff in the Scene Dat ?
Good remark sober

I haven't ever messed with Scene.dat, as most of its setting are still obscure to me; incidentally, the copy of Scene.dat featured in DynEnv was edited by stoianm, I think.

Have you tested the cloud transition settings you are suggesting? If not, I can release a test patch, for allowing people to do it
gap is offline   Reply With Quote