View Single Post
Old 07-28-10, 07:37 PM   #792
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye View Post
i am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice but please read the provided court decision.
Photographs have very little to do with my comments to you in PM. I am very familiar with rights as I have done photography since 1969.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye View Post
subsim can view distributing purchased items as improper but that does not make distributing purchased items improper or illegal which i think is what you imply.
I am not implying anything is illegal, only if subsim decides it is improper or illegal, you can be banned. That is why I went to a PM to indicate the possibility, and you make your own decision what you feel is right. I felt the issue was over but you brought it back to the forum.
I would not want to see someone offer us some info and then get banned for doing it. It does not matter what is legal, it matters how subsim interprets it. And I don't think we need to quote legal cases that have nothing to do with the item, since subsim is not going to take you to court.

My only intent was to point out that you purchased an item that a company is selling, you are "assuming" it is public domain (which is not necessarily the same as 'Freedom of Information') and you are offering to give away copies. Whether I am right or wrong, my intent was to inform you that not everyone will view this in the same light you do. I did not say anything was illegal nor did I say you were doing anything wrong. And finding it on another web site still does not make it "public domain".

A simple little PM has now turned into a court case, so I will end my discussion here.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote