Thread: 2023 BOSS Noms
View Single Post
Old 06-29-23, 06:35 AM   #65
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
Most Helpful with SH4 + Mods
Nomination basis: As always, right on target.
Forum: Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific

Nominated Member: propbeanie
Nominated Post: Link
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Jones View Post
I have two SH4 installs, one Steam and the other Game front (which shows how much I like the game). One install has FOTRSU and the other TMO. Fleetboat Interiors works fine with FOTRSU, but I get a freeze and a CTD with TMO. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the TMO version with TMO and I deleted my SH4 folder from User/Documents, btw, so it's not that.

Thanks.
It is easier to manage two copies of SH4 if you download and use MultiSH4 v1.5 (or use the copy included in FotRSU mod pack). You do have to make certain that the FileManager.dll in the SH4 game folder is write-enabled by right-clicking on it, choosing Properties from the context menu, and on the General tab it opens to, make certain the "Read-only" tick box is clear. Now run MultiSH4 from within your game folder, and in the little dialog box it creates, name a new Save folder name, such as FRS for Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, or TMO for the Trigger Maru Overhauled, or whatever you want to name it. It cannot be over 3-characters in length, and you cannot use any special characters not allowed by the old DOS naming convention. Leave the SH4 named save folder for when you play the Stock game.

As to what KaleunMarco asks, that is really important for the Fleetboat Interiors - Officer's Quarters (FI-OQ) mod, in that in might not function correctly in regular TMO, since it was written for the Bubblehead1980 version. Also, make certain (if you have the newer Bubblehead1980 version) that you install the mod correctly and that it functions properly first, then add the FI-OQ to the mix.

When you post back to KM's question with which version of TMO you are using, also include the install path for your games please. That could also loom large in this. :salute:
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote