Thread: Windows 11
View Single Post
Old 07-10-21, 04:56 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I update my W10 machine via WUS just twice a year, if that often. Having an i7 8700K, which is 8th generation, I could downgrade further on the Windows 11 hype train, but why would I want that? Its a gaming machione, and all serous, sensible stuff is being done on a second, much secured Linux machine.

I am more interested to learn about whether Facebook will and can stick to its decision to make use of FB mandatory for already existing Occulus users having bought their device before the policy change to force new buyers already now to have an active FB profile. German anti-cartel authorities are investigating and two court battles are being fought currently, and this enforcement is the reason why Occulus since many months does not sell in Germany anymore. Recent rumours and news indicate that Zuckerberg may want (or need to) change his policy there, and that Oculus users then can stay free of facebook even beyond January 1st 2023.

They can keep their W11. I don't care. And I will not buy a new system if the old one is not broken. It still is overkill for my needs, with FS and ACC being the only exceptions than can push it to its full capability.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-10-21 at 05:17 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote