View Single Post
Old 03-15-16, 12:38 AM   #8
Bonfleck
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Opinion

I unfortunately knew from the very 1st news of SHO that it was going to be a bust and relied on my intuition to never even bother with it. I never got to play Aces of the Deep since my life was to busy with other passions in those days. Silent hunter 1 was amazingly playable, stable and FUN. Couldn't believe I actually built a new pc just to play the pathetic silent hunter 2 (OMG It was so awful!) , Silent Hunter III with the GWX add on will possibly be the best a sub sim will ever be but its literally a time vampire that will endanger your marriage and family life, Silent Hunter IV.........GONG! (quirkiest lame AI of any video game EVER!) And Silent Hunter 5 with it's wishy washy realism, failed attempt at integrating an interactive crew and repetitive nonsense of scripted boring hurdles to overcome totally overshadowed the aesthetically pleasing advancements. I wait with baited breathe for Wolves Of The Atlantic but it seems like it's been in poorly funded development for so long I fear the worst if it's ever released. In a nutshell, we who will be forever intrigued by the submarine war of the 1930s and 40s will sadly never realize the gaming experience we truly deserve. Our only hope is the Star Trek "Holodeck" version we can program and immerse in ourselves. Maybe in another 20 years.