View Single Post
Old 05-14-23, 08:43 AM   #5469
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

@propbeanie Remember we talked about some Betty bombers are audible on sonar? I tested it extensively (now I have enough AA power to battle out on surface). It turns out, I believe, that it's not any particular bomber. It's torpedo carrying bombers. All Japanese torpedo carrying bombers are audible on sonar. I believe that sonars cannot differentiate air or water. As long as a torpedo shows up, regardless whether in air or in water, it would show up on sonar. I battled out with torpedo carrying Betty and Jill on surface. Multiple of them. You can hear them long before they came within visual range (as a matter of fact as soon as they show up on radar). Then they come down to low level, drop their torpedoes and come around to strafe me. Other types of bombers don't have this issue.

Oh another question. Now I have an upgrade option for some radar warning equipment (APR-1/SPA-1). But the problem is I can't install it anywhere on my boat. The upgrade costs about 1500, but there doesn't seem to be a place on Balao where you can install it.

Last edited by Wolfcat; 05-14-23 at 08:53 AM.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote