View Single Post
Old 03-04-22, 10:03 AM   #631
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
Yeah, I never had this many CTD before even with RSRD etc. I never even got to fire any fish.

I just tried again from a previous save and it happened again. This time the weather is crap, night with lots of wind and rain, and I never even sighted anything.

LAA is installed correctly. It created the save file, etc.....

Earlier I reloaded my save and snuck into Davao in crap weather at night and couldn't see anything. Well the IJN DD that ran over me and sank me saw me. This time when I sank, I got no CTD.

PC specs: MSI Laptop w/ Nvidia RTX 2060 and intel GPU; 32 GB Ram; 1 HDD, 1 SSD, 1 Hybrid SSD. This laptop will play any game on high graphics without any problems.

SH4 is set to use the Nvidia card only.

I'm trying different things to try and pin down what is happening. Sure wish the game created a crash file that I could read and see what is going on.

the only time i receive "unexplainable" CTD's is when:
  1. i have changed mods or mod settings between missions in a career and i have not remembered to delete the cached files in the Save folders.
  2. when Microsoft decides to run some sort of esoteric job and sucks up CPU cycles and creates hard drives delays. This creates CTD's because the UBI-designed simulation cannot seem to handle the competition for resources.
  3. a corollary to the item above is how much/many unnecessary apps are running in the background, eating away at your under 4 gig memory. the fix for this requires that you know how to use Task Manager. if you DO know how to use it, i suggest that you run TM and look at all of the crap that your installation has for "updates" and "monitoring" and terminate them. suggestions are: Adobe Acrobat Update, HP Printer Ink Monitor, your pc-manufacturer's data collection monitor, etc. what you choose to remove is entirely up to you. if you mess-up and stop something that you need, just reboot.
  4. when your under-4 gig memory is fragmented to a degree that the UBI-designed simulation cannot seem to acquire a chunk of memory large enough to satisfy its requirement, you should use the fix of last resort: reboot.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote