View Single Post
Old 01-12-06, 07:59 AM   #16
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Thanks Don. excellent information as always

@HS
GNBNA arrived yesterday and all I can say is WOW. No wonder this is always spoken of lovingly. What a joy it is to get a really well set out and comprehensive manual. Why is it games publishers have bypassed this feature in recent years ? I suppose one reason is the trend to DVD size cases rather than the bulkier box sets. Wouldn't a return to an indespensible manual reduce ( but not remove ) the incidence of pirating ? As long as games come with electronic manuals and/or no need for manuals digital copying is too easy an option. Hackers always find their way past protection devices and can post up on the net but having to scan a manual and make avaiable would be so much more hassle.

Anyway that's a separate issue .... back to GNBNA . I've not had it installed yet but the manual gives me a very clear impression of what makes this game tick and what a well designed game it looks. I can easily see why simmers would want an updated version of this game. I would guess that means mainly the graphics ( and maybe the sound which I've not been able to sample yet) . The basic design seems very sound . I'll take your word for the dynamic campaign - but the fact that it has one and this is what everyone craves for must make this feature a winner.

Strange how Fighting Steel moved away from the FP action inside the ship. As far as I know no-one has really attempted this for a BB since the early nineties ( along with Jutland and maybe Task Force 1942 ?) All were DOS games , yes ? ..... Before my time as a PC gamer LOL.
horsa is offline   Reply With Quote