View Single Post
Old 07-27-17, 07:25 AM   #13
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj95 View Post
??? Wait....if the engine prevents adding models...then how did they add models to begin with? Did they make all the 3d stuff for the game and all of the sudden forget how to do it?

Again, I'm no programmer but that doesn't make sense to my tiny brain. If it was possible to add models in the first place, then it should still be possible unless of course the devs are using some program that modders do not have access to, or.... chose to encrypt stuff so as to add DLC later.

(which Im totally cool with BTW....I'd pay for some nice diesels and NATO nukes)

Anyway...not my field...better shut up.

Maybe you hit on it....they may plan to release new 3D model platforms in the future as part of a DLC plan to make a few $$$. Wouldn't be the first time this was done. I'd also probably buy something.

I also play World of Warships and World of Tanks and EVERYTHING is DLC!!! Gets crazy if your not careful.

I see you live in Texas. Ever get to have a beer with the Onkel Neal? I love that big 'ole redneck hillbilly. Known him quite a few years now and he does so much for SUBSIM and all of us.
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote