View Single Post
Old 10-07-22, 07:01 AM   #7104
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Wouldn't expect much else from Putrid and his cowardly henchmen!!

Putrid. Why didn't I think of that. Tell us what you really think, Reece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Two Russian nationals have been detained by US officials after arriving in a small boat on St Lawrence Island in Alaska.

According to the two US senators who represent the state, the men landed at a beach in the village of Gambell and requested asylum in the country.

A Department of Homeland Security (DHS) spokesperson said the duo's asylum claim was currently being processed.

Thousands have fled Russia to avoid being conscripted for war in Ukraine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63160469

I saw this as well. I good number of officials including in Finland have raised concerns on this mass exodus from Russia. Officials fear that " dissenters " from Russia may in fact be " plants " sent to disrupt whatever host country they end up in.

I would be more inclined to give them ( the Russian people fleeing their country ) the benefit of the doubt and monitor them. Although, monitoring that many people would be a daunting if not impossible task.

It seems the best and brightest of Russia are leaving and the " brain drain " from Soviet Russia could be a great thing in a number of ways. For one, they ( Russian Dissidents ) wouldn't be fighting in a war they don't believe in so there is an obvious reduction in the Russian numbers at the front.

Secondly, I would assume that most Russians are like everyone else in the world and want to be educated and to live a meaningful and secure life and not be at war and / or fighting with everyone. Like everyone else, they want the same for their children. Their education and drive and ambitions could be a good thing.

Understandably, this is made with a good number of assumptions which may or may not be true. However, it may be worth exploring.