View Single Post
Old 11-10-17, 07:54 PM   #14
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post

and i maintain, that from a tactical standpoint, there would not be a need to fire tube launched or VLS launched TLAMs in 200 foot of water within mere miles of surface and air based ASW assets... to do so would simply be suicide.
(...)
I agree with that of course, and from the beginning of this thread. I think the mission briefing needs to be changed, maybe you are the only sub in the sector to justify the use of TLAM's at such a short range, or a story like some trucks are ready to leave port with high-sensible material and must be destroyed asap etc..., and so your situation is indeed a very bleak one

To be honest:
In the meantime I have replayed this mission 2 times and got sunk towards the end after launching 2 missile attacks, the first one went ok and I managed to sink all warships before the launch, in the 2nd attack a plane has 'magically' spot me although I've made a stealth course change and got good distance away (I was at 10 knots and not cavitating, 15k yards away from my 2nd launch position, how the hell could he overfly me ??). My suspicion is that because of the shallow depth the plane was able to simply see my sub from the air despite my 150 feet depth (the ground was 212 feet). The plane dropped bombs, I had to blow my tanks to surface after damage and ...

Last edited by XenonSurf; 11-10-17 at 08:20 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote