propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissup View Post
Hello everybody!
I've made an account just for this mod

I'm having the exact same issue as Brooksie mentioned here above.
Same error message with the fog (which is now deactivated) and the game blackscreens the moment you'd appear in your submarine. Sometimes a small error message pops up after the blackscreen which just says error.

I am also using the Steam version 1.5 of SH4 - U-boat missions.
I've made sure to install the game on a separate drive and deleted everything in documents/SH4 prior and after mod activation.
SH4 1.5 runs fine without the mod.

Thanks and kind regards!
Be sure you are using the correct Steam start for the game. You want the U-Boat Missions start. Once the game loads, look at the menu, and if you do not have a choice for a German career, then you have the "plain" Wolves of the Pacific starting. FotRSU will not run in the older versions of SH4. Steam used to install the DirectX v9.0c files and codecs without prompting the player, but when I did a re-install of my Steam SH5 the other day, it did NOT do it automatically. Do not bypass that. The game needs the additional dll files of v9 to be able to run SH4. Also, look at Post #204 in Silent Hunter 4 & Windows 10 thread, and see if experimenting with the Properties of the SH4.exe helps. Navigate into the game folder, right-click the SH4.exe file, and then choose "Properties" from the bottom of the context menu. That will open the middle window you'll find in the image. Clicking on "Change high DPI settings" button gets you the top window. You want the "native" resolution of your display monitor set in Windows, which will show as " (recommended)" in the display resolution dialog. Set the game to that same resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCitizen View Post
Never mind PB. I got it resolved. 4 crew members for both deck guns now.
What did you find amiss with it?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote