View Single Post
Old 10-28-22, 10:13 PM   #5097
Brooksie
Swabbie

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Are you using the v1.5 of SH4? You need to have German U-Boats available in the game. It might also be name "Gold Edition". If you are using the Steam version of the game, be certain you are using the correct Steam short-cut to start the game. Wolves of the Pacific gets you v1.3, whereas U-Boat Missions gets you v1.5... You to still play the US Pacific side in v1.5, but a German career is also available. Also, DirectX v9.0c must also be installed so that the DirectX on your computer includes the old "calls" for the old game...
I actually bought the U-Boat missions DLC for SH4 from the steam page, upgraded my way from v1.3 to v1.4 of the base game prior to that using this amazing community's help, and successfully installed everything needed for the mod. When I attempt to start a new American campaign, upon loading into the mission (NOT the pre-mission screen where you can upgrade your crew and all that, the game runs that no problem) it finishes loading but immediately goes to black screen freeze before loading me into my boat. An error message pops up as I mentioned previously and it closes my game.

Skipper Brooksie
"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"
Brooksie is offline   Reply With Quote