View Single Post
Old 10-12-22, 01:25 PM   #5070
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I have been running a career from Brisbane after being transferred there in early 1942. While there I eventually upgraded to Gato and subsequently turned down the upgrade to Balao that caused a previously discussed issue.

The current issue is strange, but minor. On Nov. 13, 1943 Gato docked in Brisbane after another successful patrol. On Nov 14, 1943 I requested a transfer to NAB Milne Bay to save travel time, which was Approved. However, upon leaving for the next patrol, the base had changed to Pearl Harbor instead of NAB Milne Bay. What I mean is, we sailed from Pearl Harbor instead of Milne Bay, and Pearl Harbor was the designated home port based on the tilted anchor symbol.

I completed the assignment per orders, returned to Pearl Harbor to dock on January 18, 1944, and then once in the Office again requested a transfer to NAB Milne Bay. Again the transfer was approved, but this time when I sailed for the next patrol on February 5, 1944 the sail-from point was indeed NAB Milne Bay, which was now shown on the map as our Home Port.

There may some small file glitch with the late 1943 transfer from Brisbane to NAB Milne Bay that sends one to Pearl Harbor instead. Going from PH to NAB Milne Bay worked.

Thanks.
Possible reason can be found in the Flotillas file:
Pearl
[Flotilla 1.UserPlayerUnitType 4]
ID= F1Gato
NameDisplayable= Gato Class
AvailabilityInterval= 1942-04-15, NULL
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= Gato
UnitTypeCommonality= 1
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= NULL

Brisbane
[Flotilla 3.UserPlayerUnitType 5]
ID= F3Gato
NameDisplayable= Gato class
AvailabilityInterval= 1942-10-21, 1943-11-17
UnitTypeCommonality= 6
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= MilneBayCommand

MilneBay
[Flotilla 9.UserPlayerUnitType 5]
ID= F9Gato
NameDisplayable= Gato class
AvailabilityInterval= 1943-10-22, 1944-05-15
UnitTypeCommonality= 11
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= ManusIslandCommand
Since the auto-transfer at Brisbane was going to take effect before your next patrol start, your sending yourself there 3 days early on 1943-11-14 probably "confused" the 'logic' in the game, so it "defaulted" to the first active listing of Pearl, and there you landed... There is a pdf of a spreadsheet in the Support folder structure somewhere, but we'll have to update it, and try to make it more sensible looking... There are appropriate missions available at Milne, so that is my supposition. Digging further into it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote