Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Okay, noted. Thanks!

About the ASW sensor fields: I think, I figured out how that works:
While in the Nav map view (F5) the sensor fields for ASDIC, Listening and Radar ranges are shown, it is not shown for the field of view. Probably, because it changes depending on weather and sea state. So, makes it more interesting ...

Tool Helper: I figured that one out as well. Only thing is, that the items it provides, compass etc., are all upside down, i.e., South/180° is on top ...

Radio News: I found the radio but it doesn't seem to work, i.e., pushing the ON button doesn't make any news to come on; the grammophon works just fine ...
Tool Helper: I figured that one out as well. Only thing is, that the items it provides, compass etc., are all upside down, i.e., South/180° is on top ... This is, so that when you go to plot out a targets course... it matches with it's figured out or known heading...

Say target's course is ohh.... heading of 020...

click on the spot of the marker for that target ship & move the compass out ahead... then look at the lower 1/2 of the readout on it, until you see the 20 degree bearing mark... line that up & move it out as far as you need to... for the length of travel it would go in say... 8 hours... which would translate to around... 64 nm if the target's known speed is say... 8 kts. These figures here, used as a basic set of figures for explanatory purposes...

Hope this brief explanation... helps understand not only the compass bearing marks, but how to use it to plat out distance a target travels x target's known speed computational figures for distance it'll travel, too.

That same info about the upside down bearing marks on not only the compass, but other tools, applies as well... by the way.

M. M.