View Single Post
Old 06-29-10, 08:22 AM   #69
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Looking closely at these pics I do see form marks on the boat, both vertical and horizontal marks. Yes the limber holes are different but I can't do anything about that.
Also, if a panel began to peal away, the crew would most likely cut the loose area off attempting to preserve as much of the panel as possible. So missing partial panels, to me, would be more realistic then several entire huge panels being removed. Also note in these pictures that this is regular Alberich coating, not the Improved Alberich Coasting. From the reads I have done, the improved Alberich was much smaller sheets then they used originally.
Also, this is a game and there are some limitations. I can not make the boat look as though it has been eating twinkies every day for the last 2 years or changes the size or placement of the venting holes etc.

The one thing I am interested in that apears in the one photo is the Hinged Snorkle currently in the lowered position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Well it was installed as pictured in my earlier post of U11:

But the metal bands you see dividing the sheets of Oppanol were only left on until the adhesive cured, so in the end I don't think the seams were really visible at all. Here are two pics of U-1105 "Black Panther" to give you a look at Alberich after installation:

Note the difference in size and shape of the limber holes vs the standard type VIIC.

Once the sheets come off, however, I think they had pretty standard Helgrau paint underneath, so there wouldn't necessarily be a panel of rust where a sheet peeled off, but I don't know, photos of Alberich-equipped boats are more scarce than the boats themselves. One other note: By the time U-480 was built, the adhesive had been improved so the coating may not have peeled at all (U-11 had that problem in '41 and it was supposedly fixed by '43 when U-480 was built).

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 06-29-10 at 08:38 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote