View Single Post
Old 06-28-10, 06:45 PM   #63
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Yeah, actually reaper7 and BIGREG have been talking about getting all the antennae to work realistically(Reaper7 doing the coding for commands, and BIGREG to do the animation controllers).

Anyway, TheBeast, I know a good deal about image editing and graphics work, but I don't know a whole lot about Goblin/gr2 files. So, since you always post pictures from some 3d editing software(I assume Goblin) I figured I would ask you this. Do you know any way to change texture assignments? In other words, how do you assign certain textures to certain objects? I figure it has to be in the gr2 files. I mean, I know the basics of Goblin: how to set it up, how to open/merge different files for rooms, and how to do simple controller changes, but that's about it.

I really wish I could find out, because I am pretty much stalled on doing anything else in the subs interior until I do. So, any help you (or anyone else for that matter) could give would be greatly appreciated.
From the way I understand it, we are unable to edit the .Gr2 files but I think the texture assignments are in one of the .FX or .SIM files that you merge after loading the .GR2 file.
You may want to ping PRIVATEER and find out what he has to say. He know a lot about GoblinEditor.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote