View Single Post
Old 01-05-22, 05:24 PM   #73
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Nice thing about the AO mapping is that it don't care about multiple textures for the main object file.
Now Almagest will determine WHICH faces structure it needs to use.
Does it use the AO faces structure or the Main Object faces structure?
It needs to scan the files, see if it's multi textured and choose the right way to sort things.

A single mapped main object? It may be better to use the AO face structure.
Multi mapped main object? Probably better to use that face structure THEN maybe fake some Faces.

It's kind of like the Street Game where you try to follow the balls under cups!
Everything has to be manipulated at just the right time, in the right order, to pass for magic!
In the meanwhile I finished processing my AO model so that its texture vertices are sorted in the same way as in the main model.

First, I sorted AO faces so that they matched faces in the main obj file. For accomplishing this task I set my spreadsheet to compare vertex triplets in both files, as I knew that one triplet in one file corresponded with one triplet, and only one, in the other file.
Matching face order in both files gave me information on which UV2 vt corresponded with which vt in the main object (the second numbers in each triplet), so I updated vt's in the AO model according to the order used in the main model.

Now I need to copy the sorted AO vt's in main model's obj files, and I need to check in a 3D editor if I didn't make any mistake. If, as I hope, everything is in order I will send to you the new UV2 file so you can test your program on it too
gap is offline   Reply With Quote