View Single Post
Old 12-15-21, 07:57 AM   #206
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
Great work! I much prefer these old German almanacs that work in times instead of angles. To me, the calculation of LHA is quicker with them, and they make the calculation of the time of local apparent noon, nautical twilight etc easy without any additional tables.
Thank you, Matt! I was also surprised how easy and convenient Nautisches Jahrbuch is after Nautical Almanac - no increments & corrections tables: constant mittlere Sonne increments by 1 second of the R.A. every 6 minutes of time and 4 minutes (seconds) for each degree (arc minute) of longitude.

Of course, I was guided by pure enthusiasm when I started my work, and did not consider it possible to keep my "discoveries" a secret from the gaming community (for me personally, these discoveries are real, without any quotes) in the world of silent hunter 5. Nevertheless, I must admit that I overestimated the importance of astronomical navigation for the vast majority of players. Now I understand that my work cannot attract a wide audience, but I am glad when I see even single responses from truly enthusiastic and competent people who are able to appreciate my efforts. And for this I want to thank you again.

Last edited by Alpheratz; 12-15-21 at 07:38 PM.