View Single Post
Old 12-30-14, 06:17 PM   #1194
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

OK: TIME FOR A GUESSING GAME !!!!!

I'm trying to step up ship production: here are some screenshots of what was probably the most hated merchantman in 1914; she was portrayed as the "bad guy" (girl?) in one of the greatest maritime tragedies of all time. However, recent research has shown that she may not have been to blame for the disaster.

She survived this incident and resumed trading, only to be torpedoed and sunk off Fastnet Rock in 1917. Who is this mystery ship??? A tip of the Kaleun's hat to whoever is the first to guess the name of this "villainess"!

Overall, the model is fairly low-poly. More details will be added soon. I modified her from her original plans slightly, with longer derricks and an enclosed lower bridge - a feasible modification that may have been done prior to her loss.

Basically, this will be a stand-in for the "Medium Freighter" you would see in games like "Aces of the Deep". It's easily customizable with different funnels, deck houses, and mast arrangements.

Note the U-87 and human figure for scale purposes.

Thanks for the comments on German grammar! I made sure to save the paper as an adobe .psd file, so it is easy to edit.

That way, I can also add miscellaneous news & propaganda to different newspaper headings.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote