View Single Post
Old 10-14-23, 10:33 AM   #15
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Default Coming Soon to a Fleet Boat Near You!

I'm working on the readme PDF now. I may be able to upload something by the end of the weekend, depending on how busy I get with things I have to do this weekend around the home.

Here's a shot of the new player ranks page:

These are the new crew ranks, which are based on working khakis and dungarees:

And these are the new ratings that replaced the qualifications:

All these are based on WW2 ranks and rates and should fit in with the font mods nicely.

A special thanks to Jimimadrid who did a LOT of work on the rates way back when I started on this thing and without who's help and permissions I wouldn't have been able to get the crew management page updated.

The officer ranks seem a little large, especially when the Navy and Marines generally had a "flatter" and smaller rank, but these are based on actual pictures I found online. I tried to make them as "flat" as I could, but then realized they would lose too much detail if I went smaller and flatter.

Same goes for the dolphins. I based them on 3" across and I based the paper on 8-1/2" across. Then did some ratio math for the pixels, so I hope I got it okay.

There are a lot of other "goodies" I hope I nailed, but no promises. This will be a "first" for me (not counting patrol area maps, which was fairly easy) and any further changes you folks can provide would be greatly appreciated -- especially with the various values in "upc" files. They're good enough to release, but still could use work. Mainly in the experience values for crew, but even the different NSS files for the crew positions on the boats themselves could probably use some work as well.

More to come!

Regards,

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote