Thread: [WIP] No airplanes in KSDII?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-22, 07:31 AM   #14
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

UPDATE: Just had my first A/C encounter:

Came across a British Task Force in Qu.ER31, 5 November 1942: 1 Aircraft Carrier, 3 Cruisers and 6 Destroyers. Noticed them first by FuMB detection signals (Yes, it actually works!) and then also had visible contact but still not close enough to lock on the target (out of eels anyway ...).

Shortly afterwards, was attacked by a single Swordfish with maching gun fire but no bombs. Took me a while to figuer out how to command the Flak crew to actually fire the gun (I think, they can only respond to one of the commands but not to 2 or 3 at the same time ...).

We finally managed to shoot the A/C down but the Rescue Pilot function doesn't seem to be working ...

Afterwards, I sent a radio message just to check if it would attrack another A/C and/or ASW vessel. And it did: Again, a single Swordfish attacked with machine gun fire but no bombs, and was shot down. Again, the Rescue Pilot function didn't work.

So, gradually making progress in learning the game ...