View Single Post
Old 10-18-20, 05:11 PM   #2024
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I just concluded a January 11, 1943 start at Midway with a Gato to start, as a test career, with my "seeded" results where I get at least 800 renown points just for getting on the boat, and then have "sitting ducks" peppered about the place for sinking, to the point that I will run out of torpedoes each run if it takes more than one torpedo on some ships, so I managed to "tie" my record of March 28th 1943 in receiving a Balao boat, and it has 2x 20mm twin AA, 1x 4"50cal deck gun, 1x SJ Radar, 1x SD radar with an Improved SD Radar available for 200 renown points (no upgrade for the Improved SJ), and all systems function as intended.

It would be January 1944 before the 5"25cal is available, and Aug 1943 before Improved SJ is "free"... I did have graphics anomalies on my first patrol, which did have me worried, but never had further issues after that. It looked like it was lightening (static electricity), the U-Mark got out of whack, and I did see the T07B tanker flash green railings, which we'll look into, but after a Save and on the 2nd patrol, did not have either of those...

As for the Narwhal start WH4K, there are two deck guns on the sub, and maybe the game gets confused by that. I'll look closer at its assignments, and maybe the guns are placed or manned with the same configuration as the fleet boats... I might try that for a next test career, and start with a narwhal, upgrade and transfer to Midway, move some deck guns around etc., and really try to break it... but I don't know how to explain torpedobait's experience, unless its one or more of the add-in mods... More tomorrow!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote