View Single Post
Old 10-16-20, 08:54 AM   #2016
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am not 100% certain, but when you get finished with your campaign, I would do a full fresh SH4, v1.24 & 1.26p, and the mods you'll use, empty the Save folder, and then do a new career. The only way I have been able to corrupt my game, and thus far it is with little visual "glitches", is by doing Discord with s7rikeback while testing (lots of shelling-out to Windows), and by adding mods, such as 301_MoreDifficultAI01 or 399c_NoScrollNavMap - Same Sized Dials, while on patrol and not in the office...

My one piece of advice is to only apply mods while in the Captain's Office, and I'm not even certain about that anymore... We've been experimenting with a flag mod, changing mod configurations while underway, and changing something as simple as the flag while on patrol can apparently cause issues under certain situations...
For the record, I am running from full reinstall after deleting the previous version and the entire SH4 folder from Documents. I do not shell out to Windows except from the Office or Main Menu. I have not added Mods mid-career.

Also, I have encountered perhaps a dozen or so Auxiliary Transports since going to the latest version of FOTRS-U; all sank, usually after two hits but sometimes just one was needed. None of them produced the color scheme like the one I posted. I have no idea how an anomaly could have been introduced.

One more thing: after declining two upgrades to a new boat from my old Gato, I kept going into 1945 hoping for AA upgrades. I never got beyond the twin 20mm gun. Everything else seemed to progress normally. No conning tower refit; no 40mm. The 20mm proved to be ineffective against a Betty, whose guns punched so many holes in my boat that we sank with a loss of all hands.

That pissed me off, so I deleted my saved games back to the patrol prior to the first new boat offer, reran the patrol amassing 79,000 tons of shipping and warships (hit some big ones). On our return to Brisbane was offered a new boat, which this time I accepted (the Balao). All was good until I looked at the deck gun. I had none, and no crew slots, something you have discussed before. So I closed the game and will restart it this morning to see if anything changes.
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.24_EN
101_Patch_v1.2To_v1.26p
399_NoScrollNavMap
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
801_UMark Invisible
901_strategic_map_symbols

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote