View Single Post
Old 10-15-20, 10:24 PM   #2014
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

That is one of several situations where I have done all sorts of testing. I do not have long loading times though. Maybe two minutes tops, with a bit over a minute for the game to load, and then another 45 seconds for the Save to Load... I have tested v1.2 to v1.21, to v1.23, to v1.24, to v1.26p, and several in-between steps, and tested and Saved between each, generally without issue. I did have some of the "poof explosions" way out on the horizon to either side of the field-of-view one time, and I have had the throttle re-set back to All Stop more than a few times, but other than those little anomalies, I have not had bad Saves or a failed boat upgrade, and the only way I have gotten the graphics issues is when I change the mod load-out of the game when in mid-patrol after a Save and exit. If I instead set things up and then test without changing the mod load-out, I do not have troubels (yet - knock on wood)... I just finished with another session, and I'm going to call it a night, and will be back on the Midway patrol early tomorrow morning before getting to work around the house.

s7rikeback and I were then trying to share my screen on Discord so I could show him the storm I was in, and all I could get to him was a pixelated mess, or a crash at my end while doing that (rotten bandwidth). But those crashes were all from improper use of Discord and the game. I am currently off Tateyama late December 1941 in the Gudgeon, one Medium Modern to my credit, and a close call with a DD on patrol prior to that, with a couple of zeroes having tried to chip away some of my paint a few days east of Sagami Nada. The usual stuff, but no issues. I'll keep shootin' and Savin' on the five different test careers I have going (different OSes, different computers, different boats, different locations), one of which includes a "seeded" career, where I get a really high score just for showing up (Midway), and I should go from a Tambor to a Gato to a Balao all within a year, so we'll see what happens with all of that.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote