View Single Post
Old 01-24-17, 05:28 AM   #2
Delanski
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Update, my tools arrived this morning! Had to wait til after work to open my package. These should make it a lot easier to build the U-Boat now.

Now that I have everything I needed, it's time I started cutting off more pieces and gluing them together. Beginning with the Pressure hull first and then gluing it to the outer hull.

Had to the glue dry off first before I could do the other hull. I thought the next step would have to be the base stand. After all I would need something pretty soon to keep the U-Boat still and standing upright while I would do the deck work. Smoothed all the corners off from the excess plastic.

Getting more hull work done. It was tricky that this is my second try. On the first attempt, I tried gluing all the edges in one go but it was too much work trying to keep everything to stick together with only your fingers then eventually I slipped and hull fell apart. This time I only glued the keel making it more easier on me keeping it together. Going to let it dry overnight then hopefully I'll get around to doing the bow and stern tomorrow arvo.

Delanski is offline   Reply With Quote