View Single Post
Old 01-23-17, 04:36 AM   #1
Delanski
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Default Delanski's Type VIIC Model

Hey guys, I've been eagerly waiting for this kit to arrive for a couple weeks and it finally did this morning. I'd figured I'll take photos and start a thread as I thought you all would probably enjoy this and watching my progress.

This is a AFV Club Type VIIC 1/350 scale model (20cm Long). Originally I've been looking at Revell Models and I actually wanted the 1/144 Type VIIC (05038) model but everywhere I looked is out of stock, plus with my temporary bedroom situation, space is an issue so the 1/350 works out for me at least

I went to AFV Club kit for a number of reasons after doing some research and comparing to a lot of other 1/350 kits out there,

1. In my opinion is by far the best detailed 1/350 model I've seen compared to other brands and not so overdone like the Revell kit is.
2. This kit actually comes with a optional photo etched set which is awesome!
As the plastic handrails on smaller models can be little bit....fat? or stubby which is a deal breaker for me. This kit works out great for me! There are companies out there that do custom PE sets across a number of models & brands but they pretty can be costly. I was considering buying a Revell 1/350 kit along with a Eduard PE set then I came across this kit, saved me a little over $50.

The PE set I was talking about before. And you can see the plastic handrails up above.

Loving the details on the deck

I hadn't realised the kit contain the pressure hull which is kind of cool. Also comes with torpedoes as well.

Starting cutting out the hulls this afternoon. Had to stop half way through to make a quick trip the hobby shop to get sanding flex sticks to smooth off the excess plastic from the sprue gates as cutting them off can be difficult (and can lead to a regrettable accident. Would not be happy if I slipped and left a deep mark on the hull) and requires precision cutting. So I'll be taking it easy for this one. Happy with it turned out so far.

More pictures to come in the coming days/weeks. I've order some more tools last friday and hoping they arrive this week. Stay tune!

Last edited by Delanski; 01-23-17 at 04:58 AM.
Delanski is offline   Reply With Quote