View Single Post
Old 03-31-11, 08:58 AM   #42
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
No, I meant "the best" as in comprehensively simulating the machines they model, because solely by that criteria that is indeed what they are. But when it comes to the syntethic world where those simulated machines fly and fight... well, I agree, not so much
Yes, I am aware of what you mean. That'S why I differed between the simulation aspect of the helicopter, and the whole package they sell. The simulation ofnthe machine if great, the package is sub-standard. I blindly believe that it is also a great sim for A-10's aircraft, their forum shows people celebrating already when they manage to do a takeoff after a dark&cold condition at startup. But I expect, after Flanker 1+2, LOMAC and BS, that the complete package, the world, feels as sterile and lifeless as always - even during combat.

The developer does not lack in technical competence, they seem to have plenty and lots and lots of it. What they lack is a sense for ergonomic package handling, and general package design.

They have great storylines to tell - but they are lousy narrators. And they do not learn to improve on that - since many years.