View Single Post
Old 03-28-11, 04:42 AM   #35
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Your list on RoF seems to be the contenbt of the latest update. Which I ran yesterday and gave me quite some troubles, because of their server instability. You need to understand that you must synchronise your copy/installation with the online profile of yours even if you want to play offline. The update was loaded and installed, but the final step did not happen due to their server being down - leaviong me unable to even lanch the offline version. I waited for the afternoon to pass, then finally they got their stuff working, the synchronisation was finished and my copy was freeded of its chains. But even when you play offlione, or want tpo, the copy checks fopr updates, and if it finds there is one, it does not let you play offline as long as you have not updated - seen that way, the talking of that now you can play offline even without constant internet connection, must be relativised. And yes, obviously whenever you launch an offline session it obviously nevertheless connects to their server - maybe not constantly, but somehoiw it must get the info that there is an update, right? I first tried to play offline, it did not let me.

I HATE THIS KIND OF BUSINESS MODEL. First and last time I ever accepted it. Hope it will get stuck in the throats of all studios using this .

The update content does not seem to effect offline play, only online play.

Testplay it, if you can. Some of the flight models are bitches. And I used many different setups for the axis response curves... Great looks, but for me: much frustration and anger.

If you want a good dogfighter, try Battle of Britain II, the old one I mean with patch 2.11. It'S the best dogfighter I know. They even modelled the "freezing stick" when the planes becomes too fast and you cannot move the damn thing anymore. And the plane itself is a bit more understanding about pointing the gun at where you want it to point at. The bopping noses in RoF were not what entertained me. BoBII leaves all IL-2 dogfighting in the dust, really. Even the AI is much better, and more competent.

Again, I see it from SP perspective only.

P.S. Black Shark is smile price now, I got it for I think 15 Euros: sealed, CD, small booklet, the first regular release. And flying that thing is enjoyable, I really do admit that. It's no chopper on invisible rails, if you know what I mean, it is not as tame and lazy as Longbow 2's flight model, but it also is not suffering the hysteric collective syndrome I complain about inEnemy Engaged. This part of their sim they got perfectly right. I'm trying artistic flying with it - difficult, but can be done. And the cockpit is a marvel to look at - even more with the available HighRes mod I am using - making it crispy-clear. But parts of the avionics is a science. If just wanting to fly, you do not need all that stuff, however.