View Single Post
Old 01-01-23, 03:18 PM   #3628
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 4

Did my patrol area (AMsomething), but somehow the game doesn't credit me.. so dam that.. time to go awandering.
Doing a lot of speed estimation via bow wave size.. getting it within a knot or so. but have to get real close so not to miss.

I must be a magnet for these liners... my last torp on my way home.
Over-estimated speed by at least 1.5 knots, but a bow hit is good as it drives the flooding in.

The ship went nose down until the deck and no further... so I started shelling from behind.
The previous day I tried it amidships on a similar ship and it sent a fireworks display my way. This time I'm careful.

It was still going around at about 5 knots with me hiding in the stern shadow. 31 APs and about 10HE's later (only got about 35% hit rate), it went down in seconds... it was fast.

Funny thing is that I got BDU whinging about my status.. so thought I'm on the way home I'll pamper him with a status report. BDU replies that there's something happening in my area.
Well yes.. It's me, I'm happening!...

Karl says I'm an Ace.. EDIT.. just remembered - it was my 3rd patrol patrol. The patrols don't last long..3-4 weeks.

Last edited by vanjast; 01-02-23 at 01:27 PM.
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote