View Single Post
Old 09-18-20, 03:42 AM   #47
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
...and if you "skip" the subchaser, then the game will CTD on some other unit. If you skip that random unit as well, then the appearance of some next random unit will CTD the game, and so on...
Yes, the subchaser is first of ctd-inducing units but I'm not sure they are random. I'll try experimenting but my impression right now is that there's a group of .dat format ships that would always cause ctd after any change to any gr2 unit that requires resaving is done on different computer than yours.

I also wonder what would happen if I resave, say, Bismark and japanese subchaser. Would it also cause ctd or render normally until first of these problematic units that was not resaved on another computer is rendered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I'd really like to hear Jeff's opinion regarding this...
Me too. I remember back in my Fairmile thread (when I tried to make Fairmile's custom weapons in .dat format) there was an issue (and it was Jeff who made me aware of it) of Goblin generating random ID's for nodes from the file name as opposed to SH3 where those ID's were assigned permanently and would crash/cause issues when two units with the same ID for a node were rendered together. I wonder if current issue has roots in something similar.

Last edited by kapuhy; 09-18-20 at 04:41 AM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote